The Atlas ESR70 is even better!
This new model introduces new features including “Audible Alerts” and enhanced measurement range. Every measurement of ESR will be shown on the display as usual of course, but the unit will also produce a variety of tones depending on the value of ESR. And the tones themselves are surprising pleasant, including “Bell-like” pings (a couple of different types for ESR that is below certain values), and also a “Beep-Barp” type tone for ESR that is likely to be too high. There is also a reassuring “Blip” when the measurement has started and completed.
The ESR measurement range has also been enhanced, now doubled, measuring from 0 to 40 ohms with a resolution as low as 0.01 ohms. This remarkably fine resolution is great for assessing large capacitors and even allows you to use the Atlas ESR+ for tracing short-circuits and finding the precise area of a PCB that has that invisible wisp of solder.
Great Service Aid
Measuring a capacitor's ESR (equivalent series resistance) is a great indicator of capacitor condition. The Atlas ESR70 offers instant results, just connect the probes and press test. You can even use the Atlas ESR70 in-circuit, saving you the trouble of removing capacitors. When testing capacitors out-of-circuit, the unit will also display the capacitance.
All You Need
Traditionally, ESR can be a tricky thing to measure, which is a shame, it's a very useful diagnostic parameter. Of course, ESR meters are available from various sources, some are very famous in the repair sector, but the Atlas ESR70 is more than just another ESR meter. For a start, it's smart, both in looks and in brain. It can measure and compensate for the effects of measuring in-circuit, it also knows that you don't want to be hassled with capacitor polarity.
Oh yes, it's designed with the real world in mind. Some capacitors can be charged up, a lot, but the Atlas ESR70 doesn't mind. If your capacitor is charged, the unit will automatically carry out a controlled discharge procedure before measuring the capacitance and ESR.
Measure ESR, low resistances and Capacitance the smart way!
• Measure capacitance and ESR.
• New enhanced dynamic range of 0.00 to 40.0 ohms.
• ESR Resolution as fine as 0.01 ohms!
• Supports capacitors from 1uF to 22,000uF.
• Capable of In-Circuit measurement of ESR.
• Polarity free, connect any way round.
• Protected against highly charged capacitors.
• Great for low DC resistance checking too (such as PCB short checking).
• Audible alerts for ESR values above 40 ohms, below 5 ohms and below 1 ohm.
• Supplied complete with gold plated crocs.
• Test leads are ultra-durable and 30cm (12") long.
• Enhanced software compensation of cable resistance.
• Complete with comprehensive user guide.
• Capacitor reference table included.
• Tests at the industry standard 100kHz.
• Long life alkaline battery fitted.
• Just 100mm x 70mm x 20mm